You can transfer text messages from Android to iPhone using third-party apps. In this article, you will get to know how you can make this possible.
Transfer text messages from Android to iPhone using Move to iOS
A few years ago, Apple released the Move to iOS app to make it easy for users to transfer their data from an old Android to a new iPhone. If your phone runs on Android 4.3 or later versions, you can use the Move to iOS app for free. It can transfer your messages, media, contacts, bookmarks, and Google account data. For this app to work, both devices need to be close to each other.
Steps on how to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone using Move to iOS
- Go to the official Move to iOS page on Google Play and download the application on your Android. Also, turn on your iPhone and perform its initial setup. While setting up your phone, choose to move data from an Android.
- Launch Move to iOS on your Android and enable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features. Once you are ready, place the devices closely and tap “Continue”.
- Your iOS device will display a unique code. Enter the code on your Android to establish a secure connection.
- When both the devices are connected, you will see an option of what you wish to move. Make sure that the “Messages” option is enabled here and wait as the selected content would be moved to your iPhone.
Transfer Messages Wirelessly with Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere is available for free on both Android and iOS devices via Google Play or App Store. Since the app supports a cross-platform transfer of data, you can easily connect both devices.
Steps on how to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone using Send Anywhere
- Go to Play Store or App Store on your device and install Send Anywhere on both phones. After installing it, launch it, and grant it permission to access your device storage.
- Once you launch the app, you need to mark both the devices as either Sender (Android) or Receiver (iPhone). Subsequently, you will need to turn on the Wi-Fi feature to them to connect both devices.
- The app will ask you what you wish to transfer from your Android to iPhone. Select the “Messages” option from here and start the transfer. Also, you can choose to move your photos, videos, and other media files as well.
- A one-time code will be generated on the Android device. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the connection. Then, tap “Upload” to start moving your data from your Android to your iPhone.
What's your reaction?