DevOps is a compound name for Development(Dev) and Operations(Ops); a software development practice that promotes a connection between development and operations, thereby resulting in faster and seamless software delivery. Also, DevOps connects people, processes, and technology to deliver continuous value. However, DevOps is a collaboration between Development and IT Operations to make software production and deployment in an automated & repeatable way.
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for Building, Testing, Deploying, and Managing Applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers.
Additionally, Microsoft Azure offers services basically in three packets; SaaS, PaaS, IaaS. These can be used for services such as networking, virtual computing, analytics, storage, and many more.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) is a method of software delivery that allows data to be accessed from any device with an internet connection and a web browser. Hence, this model requires that software vendors host and maintain the servers, databases, and code that makes up an application. A typical example of software that utilizes SaaS is Slack.
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is a type of cloud computing offering in which a service provider delivers a platform to clients, enabling them to develop, run, and manage business applications without the need to build and maintain the infrastructure such software development processes typically require. Examples include Google app engine, Openshift. . .
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is a form of cloud computing that provides virtualized computing resources over the internet. IaaS, and online services that provide high-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) used to dereference various low-level details of underlying network infrastructure like physical computing resources, location, data partitioning, scaling, security, backup etcetera. Moreover, a typical example of such is Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web services (AWS).
What are Azure core services?
Azure provides connectivity services such as Gateways, DNS, VNet(Virtual Network) application protection services such as Firewall, Network Security Groups, application delivery services such as CDN, Traffic Manager, Load Balancer, and network monitoring services such as Azure Monitor.
Core solutions and Azure management tools
Core solutions encompass a wide array of tools and services from Microsoft Azure. Also, there are a variety of tools best suitable for the various business scenario, Some key tools of Azure management tools include the Azure portal, the Azure CLI, PowerShell, and JSON templates. Besides, other measured skills are;
- General security and network security features
- Governance, privacy, identity, and compliance features
- Azure Service Level Agreements and cost management.